Plymouth Area Democrats invites artists to submit their work for an exhibition at a Labor Day event in the Plymouth Town Common. The event, entitled Art is Resistance, is an opportunity for artists to make work in response to the current social and political climate in the United States. Visual artists, spoken word artists/poets, visual performers and musicians are encouraged to share their personal resistance and viewpoints with event-goers.
Art is Resistance is an opportunity for artists to gain visibility, particularly young artists. Visual work will be displayed in a group exhibit and spoken word/poetry, music, or performance art will be performed at the event.
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE
Please keep your submissions as appropriate as possible – this event will be held in a public space and will be open to children. Plymouth Area Democrats reserve the right to refuse exhibition for any reason.
All visual submissions will need to brought to the Plymouth Area Democrats & NH Coordinated Campaign office, located at 91 Main Street, Plymouth, N.H. no later than Sunday, September 2, 2018.
- Visual work must be hand delivered. NO artwork will be accepted or returned by shipping.Please email images of visual art, prior to delivering it to Campaign Headquarters.
- Work that is deemed inappropriate for children will not be accepted. Work received must be accurately represented by images submitted online.
- Artists are invited to be present at the event to discuss their art.
- All work must be original.
- All artists are invited to keep their work in the Campaign office through November 6, 2018. It may be listed for sale. If interested in this, please email us to discuss this possibility.
- All work must be ready to install including any special instructions. Works that are not ready for display will not be accepted.
- Artwork can weigh no more than 40 pounds and must fit through an average door, unless special accommodations have been made prior to the event.
- Artists are responsible for insuring their own work if they choose.
- Spoken word/poets, musicians and performance artists may be allowed to perform more than once, if time and space allows.
For more information, please email us